Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
GHS is an acronym for the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals. This system was developed by the United Nations, and is designed to standardise and harmonise the classification and labelling of chemicals. The goal is to create consistent protection for people who are potentially exposed to chemicals and simplify regulations for companies producing chemicals. By complying with GHS, companies benefit from a safer work environment, an increase in efficiency levels and reduced costs through compliance with hazard communication regulations, and a simplified international transmission process.
Many countries already have regulatory systems in place for these types of requirements. These systems may be similar in content and approach, but their differences are significant enough to require multiple classifications, labels and safety data sheets for the same product when marketed in different countries, or even in the same country when parts of the life cycle are covered by different regulatory authorities. This leads to inconsistent protection for those potentially exposed to the chemicals, as well as creating extensive regulatory burdens on companies producing and transporting chemicals. While GHS system regulations are just starting to be implemented in global businesses, it is anticipated that all existing chemical labeling systems will transition to these global standard requirements over time.
MindWave’s Value-Added Approach
MindWave offers an end-to-end GHS solution that supports chemical labelling requirements by creating labels to accurately identify chemicals and offer maximum traceability. While GHS regulations are starting to be implemented in global businesses, it is anticipated that all existing chemical labelling systems will transition to these requirements over time.
MindWave’s GHS solution includes the following modules:
- Label Designer – Designing a label using information from a text file or database, and includes data elements that are in compliance with the current GHS requirements
- Label Approval – Approving label designs using electronic signatures, ensuring compliance with mandates requiring label security and traceability
- Automated Network Printing – Managing hundreds of printers in multiple locations from a single server, ensuring time- and cost-effectiveness in implementation
- Custom Reporting Options – Providing complete document history and activity logs
- Browser-based User Interface – Convenient label selection and true Internet printing regardless of geographical locations
- Single Command Center – Coordinating an enterprise’s labelling process
Request for Services
Please contact us to learn how our GHS solution can help you achieve compliance.